- Be natural born British citizens
- Be over 18 years old
- Have a basic knowledge of the language to be studied (at least GCSE or equivalent)
- Reside in accommodation while abroad within the local community rather than with English speakers
- Study at a recognised college or university
- obtain suitable voluntary employment
Awards are made following application and interview with the Trust Committee. Bursaries are paid monthly and usually cover living expenses and in some cases travel costs.
New Applications are being accepted from 1 September 2018