Debating whether or not to study abroad? Some people would rather spend more time at their school, while others claim that studying abroad is the single most important, not to mention the greatest, experience of their college years. Check out these 10 reasons why you should study abroad!
1. Do it while you are young and energetic, before you are tied down to one place.
2. Meet new friends from around the world, who you can share interests with and learn new ideas from.
3. Get a different perspective of your own culture.
4. Instead of just visiting for a few days, you are actually living there for several months.
5. Learn a new language and maybe pick up a few things you didn’t already know.
6. Time spent studying abroad looks great on a Curriculum Vitae.
7. Learn to be fully independent, boost your confidence and see what you can do on your own.
8. Immerse yourself in a totally different culture and expand your world view … you might really like it.
9. Experience a different education system than your home country and create yourself better career opportunities.
10. Something totally different and an unforgettable experience. You will never do anything like this again in your life.